Preparation Strategy for Each Section of the SBI PO Exam
A recruitment drive is conducted by SBI each year for the post of PO. The selection process for PO is divided into three stages: Prelims, Mains and Interviews. Each phase is considered a qualifying round and requires candidates to secure the cut-off marks. You can clear the exam with proper preparation strategy, subject-wise planning, and solving sbi po previous year question papers. Following is a section-wise preparation strategy for the PO prelims and mains exam. So, keep reading.
You need to work on Quantitative Aptitude for both preliminary and main rounds. But the complexity of questions increases in the mains. You can check the following strategy to prepare correctly and maximise your results.
● Have a good command of the basics before learning shortcuts.
● Learning Vedic maths can be helpful as you can learn shortcuts for fast calculation.
● With the increase in calculation speed, you should try to cover chapters like profit and loss, number system, and percentage.
● There are no tricks to practise missing numbers and number series. You need to solve different patterns to get them right.
● Try solving at least 50 questions daily and analyse the mistakes
● After completing your preparation, start taking mock tests
You must develop the reasoning section for both SBI PO prelims and mains. To ace the section, look at the following pointers.
● Solve sbi po previous year question papers as much as possible.
● Learn the tricks related to numeric/alphanumeric series and syllogism.
● Inequality is probably the most accessible section so cover these topics as early as possible.
● Solve at least forty to fifty questions regularly, and don’t use more than three minutes on arrangements and puzzles.
●To boost your confidence and get the pace right, begin with simple topics like inequalities and syllogism.
You get general English in both preliminary and main exams. Your preparation strategy must include an advanced level of learning to solve complex questions in the mains. Following are some strategies you can use.
● Develop a habit of reading to build your comprehension abilities
● Note down the new words you learn from magazines or editorials to strengthen your vocabulary
● Revise grammar rules regularly and give a lot of mock tests.
● Practise Cloze Test to increase the speed of solving questions.
● Don’t spend too much time reading comprehension, as it may prevent you from attempting other sections.
Financial awareness and computer aptitude
Financial awareness and computer aptitude can be absolute game changers. You must consistently perform well in this section and follow a few tips below.
● Note down current affairs regularly and create separate segments for national, international and sports news.
● Give mock tests on current affairs to retain the information for a long time.
● For computer aptitude, practising questions from the last five years should suffice.
The descriptive paper carries fifty marks. You can use the tips below to score well on your descriptive paper.
● Make consistent efforts to improve your typing speed.
● Be well-versed in the format of formal letters.
● Build your vocabulary by developing reading habits
● Practice writing on topics on various trending issues.
The PO exam is challenging to crack. But with an effective strategy, preparation becomes a lot easier. So, you must prepare notes to understand the concepts and revise them regularly. You should practise questions every day and analyse your mistakes. Lastly, note your progress to ensure you are on the right track.